Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Speedy

So, my very large, 48 year old male boss challenged me to a foot race once the warm weather arrives. I think, originally he meant it jokingly. He is quite aware of the fact that I routinely exert myself physically and at first said he would compete in a stairmaster contest...who could climb for the longest. However, when he maxed out at five minutes, he desperately changed his mind. A 100 yard dash it is. After a few too many sips of Jack and Coke after a long night working at the restaurant, my boss starts competitively "trash talking" me. I presume he is getting quite anxious...his "training" as it "hits his lips" is a bit different than mine. I have been sprinting for the past few weeks. It has been so invigorating. Though I have only been getting out there about two days weekly, it's been refreshing. The back roads of Groton are lovely. I run between the posts with music blaring between my small, chilled, ears...hyper/high on life....running brings such a rush...a way to get rid of every frusteration, followed by such nirvana. LOVE it. I will also relish in the fact that my boss will see nothing but my backside on the day of the race...

No comments: