Monday, March 19, 2007

Back on the Wagon

So it's been quite the break for me. Many movies nights with my girlfriends, pizza nights, Chinese food excursions, steak, margaritas, McDonalds, beer, karaoke nights...quite a week of amusement and laziness. Sure, I worked some shifts where I was forced to move around while I waitressed only to meet up with friends upon the close of my shift for a drink followed by more nonsense. I had a great time. But it felt AWESOME to get back to my normal routine today. I woke up early, had a breakfast consisting of an egg and a dry english muffin. I then studied before my class, which to my pleasant surprise was cancelled. I lunched at Subway, and then found my way to the gym where I did a solid 45 minutes on the stairclimber followed by some stretching. It wasn't anything too strenuous. But it was invigorating. I figure, I need to ease myself back into my schedule. I wouldn't want to strain anything...hehe. It is pure gluttony when your pants are tight after one week...worth it?
I found some interesting health tips upon signing on to AOL today. The welcome screen posted some foods that give you a "full feeling." Three of the foods they suggested and I concur with include whey protein (used in shakes often), apples, and pine nuts. What are some of your favorite healthy snacks/appetizer suppressants?

No comments: